You should report any contest holder who you see breaking the Vinylmint user guidelines. This way, you can help keep Vinylmint a great community for both sound creators and contest holders.
These are the main problems we would like you to report to us:
- Inappropriate content: If an inappropriate contest is posted, please let us know as soon as possible. We have a list of what we consider “inappropriate” but, in a nutshell, if you think anyone would find the contest offensive, please report it.
- Incorrect category: Sometimes contest holders need a little help knowing where their contest fits. Please let us know when a contest holder has gotten it wrong and we’ll fix it.
- More than one design task in a contest: This is not allowed, even if some sound creators are willing to complete more than one task for the contest. Please report these contests and we’ll work with the contest holder to create a fair and reasonable contest.
- Asking for services we don’t provide: If you see any contests asking for services we don’t provide (such as a web design services asking for development work), please report them — even if some sound creators are willing to provide the extra service.
- Unusual or suspicious activity: If anything about a contest strikes you as a little odd, let us know. It may be something in the sound brief, a comment on the contest, or maybe there’s something not right about the selected winner. Whatever it is, we’ll get to the bottom of it.
Remember, Vinylmint will handle these issues privately. Please do not post public comments about any of these problems — that will only lead to damaged reputations and refunded contests.
To report a contest, simply click Contact Us and send us a brief message about your issue.