Vinylmint is a global community that brings together lots of different people. There are bound to be disagreements, but when we disagree, the most important thing is to treat each other with respect.
To help guide your participation in the Vinylmint community, we have assembled a simple code of conduct. Failure to respect the community and comply with the code will result in disciplinary action such as account suspension or termination.
- Respect all community members
That’s right – respect is rule #1! Negative, aggressive or offensive behavior in public or in private will not be tolerated. If you need to report a community member for inappropriate behavior please Report contest or Report sound creators by contacting us directly, or contact support using the
- Do original work
Copying another person’s IP in total or in part from other sources within or outside of the Vinylmint community will not be tolerated. You must disclose all the required information at the time of submission.
- Be honest and compete fairly
Do not misrepresent yourself or others in public or in private. Never attempt to influence the client by criticizing other sound creators or offering to do free work if they select your sound. You may enter into relationships with clients outside of Vinylmint; you may not use it as leverage to win a project.
I will not:
- submit sounds that I copied in total or in part from someone/somewhere else
- publicly criticize or attack sound creators, clients or Vinylmint staff
- engage in fraud.
- respect the community and the code of conduct
- submit only original work
- use the proper channels to report inappropriate behavior.
Guidelines updated March 26, 2017