Exercise care when sharing personal data when you use the Service.
Submitting personal data about other individuals, such as pictures or contact information, may violate their privacy.
Providing additional personal data in the “Info” section or forums is completely voluntary.
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Other users of the Service;
- To our advertising partners, in compliance with applicable laws;
- To service providers;
- To public authorities; and
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates; or a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Service in connection with a corporate reorganization.
We know that you, the user of the Service, are concerned about how we use and disclose personal data. We are dedicated to openness regarding the ways in which we use and disclose personal data, and we are committed to complying with data protection and privacy laws that apply to us. Importantly, we want to give you control over personal data that we process about you when you use the Service.
Please be careful when sharing personal data about you generally in the Service and with other users of the Service. When you communicate with other users in the Service, be careful about sharing personal data with them. Also, submitting personal data relating to other individuals, such as pictures or contact information, may violate their privacy and data protection rights. Thus, please obtain consent from the individual whose personal data you are about to submit to the Service before you submit such data.
2. The Data We Collect
Personal data you provide to the Service
a) When You Register with the Service
When you register with the Service we only require you to enter your e-mail address and your password. However, if you use a third party service, such as Facebook Connect, for signing into the Service, we may collect personal data, such as your user ID, name, and e-mail address, that are available in your public profile with the third party service you use for signing into the Service.
b) When You Create Your Profile
We do not require you to provide additional personal data beyond what is required to register with the Service. Please be aware, however, that certain elements of the Service, such as creating a contest or participating in a contest, may not be accessible without a profile and/or additional personal data. If you voluntarily choose to create a profile, you may enter certain data that we collect, to the extent that you feel comfortable doing so. Such data may include your name, your picture, your address, your country of origin, and your telephone number as well as data you enter in the “Info” section.
Data Collected Automatically
When you use the Service, we automatically collect data that may in certain circumstances constitute personal data.
a) Log Data
When you use the Service, the logging technology we use automatically collects the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Service. We also collect the Internet protocol (IP) address of the device you use to access the Service, information about the operating system of your device, as well as the name of your Internet Service Provider.
b) Cookie Files and Other Similar Technologies
We may place a “cookie” on the hard drive of the device that you use to access the Service. Cookies are text files that are saved on the hard drive of your device by means of your browser, enabling us to recognize your browser for purposes such as saving your preferences and directing relevant content to you. Most of the currently available browsers give you the option of managing cookies by, for example, disabling them entirely, accepting them individually, and deleting saved cookies from your hard drive. Google Analytics is also an element of the Service. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the website, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Service. By using a browser plugin http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
We would like to remind you that if you completely disable cookies on your browser, you might not be able to use some features of the Service.
c) Your Use of the Service
When you use the Service, our system collects certain information about the activities associated with your use of the Service. Such information may include, but is not limited to, the contests you join, the contests you have created, and the quantity and type of content you submit to the Service.
3. The Purposes For Which We Use the Data
We use the data we collect for the following purposes:
a) Personal data you provide to the Service: We use the personal data you provide to the Service for the following purposes:
- To set up and maintain your registration with the Service;
- To communicate with you;
- To provide features available in the Service;
- To process any transactions you may enter into in the Service;
- For direct marketing and market research in accordance with applicable law;
- To prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses; and
- To protect our rights and/or our property.
b) Data collected automatically: We use the data collected automatically for the following purposes:
- To manage the service,
- To personalize the Service,
- To develop, improve, and protect the Service;
- To audit and analyze the Service; and
- To ensure the technical functionality and security of the Service.
4. How We Disclose Data
The data collected in the Service may be disclosed in the following manner:
a) Personal data you provide to the service: We may disclose personal data you provide to the Service with the following categories of third parties: To other users of the Service;
- To our advertising partners in compliance with applicable laws;
- To service providers, such as payment processors, which enable us to provide the Service to you;
b) Data collected automatically: The data collected automatically in the Service may be disclosed to the following categories of third parties:
- To service providers, such as data analysis companies;
- To our advertising partners in compliance with applicable laws; and
- To public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties.
5. Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data we hold about you:
- The right to know what data we hold about you: The easiest way to review the personal data you have provided to the Service is to access your profile. On your profile page you can also make changes to the personal data we hold about you. If you have additional questions regarding the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to have incomplete, incorrect, outdated, or unnecessary personal data corrected, deleted, or updated. The easiest way to correct, delete, or update the personal data you have provided to the Service is to access your profile and enter the necessary changes there. If you have additional questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us: All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from us, such as e-mail messages and SMS-messages, give you an option of not receiving such communications from us in the future. If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Deleting Your Profile
You can delete your profile from your settings page. Please be reminded that your choice to delete your profile may not have an immediate effect, because our system may retain backup copies of information included in your profile for up to 90 days.
7. Data Security
The security of personal data is important to us. For example, your user account is protected by a password, and the servers we use are secured and protected by a firewall. Even so, we cannot guarantee that your personal data are always secure because data security measures in use from time to time may be vulnerable. Consequently, please be mindful of the risks that personal data about you may be exposed to when you use the Service.
8. International Transfers of Personal Data
Some of the servers where the Service is hosted may be located in the United States. The laws applicable to the protection of personal data in the United States may be different from your home country. By registering with the Service, you consent to personal data about you being transferred to the United States.
10. Questions or Concerns?